Saturday, February 24, 2007

Gaijin

Theres been a publication of a crazy magazine/book (aka "mook") in Japan discriminating foreigners and non-japanese residents, linking them to so called 'crimes'. Interesting stuff to come out. Its called "Gaijin Hanzai Ura Fairu" or Foreigner Underground Crime File.

Wish I could read japanese so I can order myself a copy. I first read this at Heisei Democracy (I'll put in the link soon) and when I looked at the back cover, I was kinda surprised. A little known country called Sri Lanka was included. Guess whose Sri Lankan?

After a few seconds that fact didn't really sound shocking, as I kinda know what people really are capable of, unfortunately, but I won't go too much into that part of this story. But, nonetheless this mook seems to be a total load of crap.

In my opinion, theres alot of uneasiness and insecurity that comes with having foreigners in one's own country, town, area etc. bla blah. Alot of consideration should be taken into account before acting towards this sort of dicriminatory publication, especially if one is a foreigner.

Its an interesting situation to come out of Japan, so have a search on it. Belows' a link to someone I really don' know does what O_o, but its about boycotting Family Mart (a 7/11 type store-chain in Japan. Man, they were a god-send when it came to eating cheap!).

Boycott Link

Oh, oh this is a better link to read. More detailed account ^^ Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment